It varies, so the quickest thing to do is email me for a quote.
My quote is all inclusive, and covers:
- initial meeting with you both (over Skype or in person)
- explaining the marriage process, legal documentation and requirements
- providing you with wedding resources - local suppliers, wedding ideas, readings, vows and music suggestions
- the writing of your ceremony draft and its subsequent amendments
- unlimited email and phone calls in the lead-up to your wedding
- travel to our meeting, rehearsal and your ceremony location
- attendance at your rehearsal
- arriving 30 minutes early to your wedding day, and conduct your ceremony professionally
- Personal Amplification (PA) system, with wireless microphone and cable to connect your mp3 player for ceremonial music
- lodgement of your documentation
- Marriage Certificate (commemorative)
- assistance with your official marriage certificate.
That sounds simple! So, to further explain, my fee also factors in the time that I spend in ensuring your ceremony is absolutely remembered for the right reasons.
As your marriage celebrant, I’m legally responsible for the validity of your marriage. I used to be the personal assistant to Sir Bob Geldof, so I’m highly organised and going to make sure I cross your ‘t’s and dot your ‘i’s and I’ll also remind you along the way of what is required.
I’ve been a Celebrant since 2007; this means you can place your trust in me to professionally manage your day. And that’s when magic happens because you’re relaxed and I can guide you through.
Deposit to secure your booking: A 50% deposit is due within 14 days to secure my services for your wedding location, date and time. The balance is due one month prior to your ceremony.
Fees can be paid by cash or electronic bank transfer. Once your deposit is received, I will lock your date into my diary and turn away anyone else for that date and time.
Refunds: The booking fee is non-refundable, due to the time, preparation and travel already outlaid at interview stage. This covers the time and administration costs, as well as preparing your Notice of Intended Marriage and providing resources.
Guarantee: In the extremely unlikely event that I am unable to perform your ceremony, I will ensure your day is conducted by another authorised celebrant. This hasn’t happened yet. I’ll be there.
Date/Venue/Time changes: Your booking fee secures the date/time and venue you originally booked.
New dates/times/venues incur a fee of $300 and are subject to my availability – check with me first if you need to change! This is because I will turn away other couples seeking my services for your date and time.
Extra costs: If, for any reason, your ceremony start time is delayed by more than 15 minutes from the time advised, a further $80 will be payable for each additional hour or part thereof.
This is to encourage everyone to plan to be on time, and to cover my additional time should the wedding start over 15 minutes later than advised.
Marriage Certificate: The cost of your official marriage certificate is outside the celebrant's fee. The cost of this varies from state to state in Australia, but is approximately $50, and I will assist you with your application and, in NSW where Celebrants are permitted to, I will lodge this on your behalf.
This is the certificate that a bride will later use to change her identity documents over to her new, married surname. On the day, I will issue you with the Australian Government commemorative Marriage Certificate which is included in my fee.